Fast-food chains joining in on the Metaverse action. One of the biggest US market players, Yum! Brands has filed a metaverse-related application.
Thousands of big companies and individuals have filed hundreds of thousands of applications concerning metaverse, NFTs, and web3.
Thus, Kentucky Fried Chicken (KFC), Pizza Hut, and Taco Bell trademark applications include:
According to Yahoo! News, the fast-food names that fall under Yum! Brands filed trademark applications for their names and logos for:
- Virtual foods and drinks: NFT munchies and drinks will be exhibited on virtual shelves, suggesting that Yum! will use these potential NFTs for promotions and customer rewards programs.
- NFTs and NFT backed multimedia: Yum! aims to organize live events in the metaverse in the near future. The multimedia point suggests that Yum! is working on video games and a “virtual currency” to use inside its entertainment world.
- Online stores featuring virtual goods: A virtual store where customers could purchase digital items, services, and NFTs. Integration with a loyalty points system is probably to come as part of the new endeavor.
- Virtual restaurants with “actual and virtual goods” Digital restaurants for KFC, Pizza Hut, and Taco Bell in the metaverse with the opportunity to make orders and get them delivered IRL.
When Yum! Brands will implement all their metaverse-related plans is currently unknown.
Yum! Brands is following in the footsteps of McDonald’s, which had previously filed for 10 trademark applications concerning web3 payments and the metaverse in whole, and many others.
Never miss important NFT drops: Take a peek at our NFT Calendar!
- Get daily NFT news, announcements, and events via our Daily Newsletter.
- Daily news sent on Telegram
- Snapshot of biggest news daily on Twitter & Instagram